Mesh Maker Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 27, 2020, 03:23:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Latest addition to the collection: Prefab Maker
Forum Stats
168 Posts in 60 Topics by 75 Members
Latest Member: ozary
Home Help Search Login Register
Mesh Maker Forum  |  MeshMaker  |  Support  |  Exporting a Package
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Exporting a Package  (Read 1405 times)
jrhtcg

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »

Never Mind

<mod>
I used MeshMaker to adjust the rotation of some game objects that I imported from Blender. Everything is working as expected in my original game folder, but when I create an export package and then import my objects into a new game folder, the rotation of my meshes seem to have flipped back to the way they were before I changed them with MeshMaker.

I don't know for sure if my problem is MeshMaker related, but I was hoping as the author of MeshMaker you could give me some in-sight as how to fix this?

Thanks.
</mod>

P.S. I am finding the MeshTools part of MeshMaker a very handy tool. Thank you for the nice game asset.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:39:39 PM by jrhtcg » Logged
jrhtcg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »

Ok, so never mind. I figured out what was going on. It had nothing to do with MeshMaker. I had originally used MeshMaker to rotate my objects, but I forgot I was using a script I found that tweaks blender imports to align correctly.

I did include the script in my export package, but I am guessing the import package routine ran the standard unity importer on the blender file that I included in my export package. All I had to do was re-run the blender file import by making a quick change to the model file, this time causing it to use the script that I supplied. Sheez.

At some point I am going to have to read up on package files, and figure out a way to automate that last step. Anyway sorry about the invalid support request, and I hope you did not spend much time messing with it.

Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea