Mesh Maker Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2020, 04:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Latest addition to the collection: Prefab Maker
Forum Stats
168 Posts in 60 Topics by 75 Members
Latest Member: ozary
Home Help Search Login Register
Mesh Maker Forum  |  MeshMaker  |  Support  |  Prefab Maker textures mucked up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prefab Maker textures mucked up  (Read 1457 times)
tezza

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:53:28 PM »

Hi. I am trying to use Prefab maker in a fairly simple fashion but the output is corrupt.

I select my objects (201) and then click Combine. I have not touched or edited any settings.

Yet the output has inconsistencies. I have attached a detailed picture of the original versus what your tool creates.

Please see that the textures bleed, are on half and other problems.

I am on Windows 10, Unity 5.5.2f1. Version 15 of Mesh Maker, downloaded 2017-06-19.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:55:19 PM by tezza » Logged
MediaGiant
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:26:26 PM »

Hello Tezza,

Thank you for using Prefab Maker. From the pictures I would say that the objects are using tiled textures, or at least texture coordinates that are outside of the range of 0 to 1. Prefab Maker isn't able to atlas these as it uses standard texture coordinates and cannot handle the tiled textures.

Would you be able to try a test with a couple of textured cubes or similar objects to see if this is the case?

Regards,
Alan
tezza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »

I checked and the textures have no tiling and all the coordinates are between 0,1

Would it help if I transmitted the mesh to you so you could investigate with your own tools or debug settings ?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea